George Mason University
PhD., Cultural Studies, (2010; graduation May 2017)
Advanced to candidacy December, 2014
Fields of Concentration: Political Economy of the Natural Environment, Digital Media Theory
Louisiana State University – Shreveport
M.A. of Liberal Arts (2006 – 2008)
Louisiana Tech University
B.A., Journalism (2000 – 2004)
Professional Experience Highlights
Nerium International, Inc. (2016 – present)
Senior Product Owner (Jan 2016 – Present)
Senior Product Owner working with 16 developers (two teams) for projects related to the retention and recruitment of sales people for Nerium International, a cosmetics multi-level-marketing company.
- Owning the creation of the GoBuild mobile application (a lightweight weight CRM and content delivery app); leading the product roadmap, writing user stories, and determining release schedule.
- Educating the technical team on business priorities and vise-versa to ensure cross-departmental alignment.
- Focused on developing a scalable framework for international market launches.
ReachLocal, Inc. (2007 – 2016)
Integral member of a startup that succeeded in making Internet marketing accessible and manageable for local businesses; managed diverse global activities in support of SaaS products and services.
Director of Software Services (May 2015–Jan 2016)
Managed a 20-member department designed to provide websites, SEO, and a SaaS marketing analytics platform to clients; worked to position the products within the marketplace and partnered with development teams for additional product launches and product enhancements.
- Integrated Intercom into ReachEdge to engage with our users and gain valuable feedback on the ReachEdge experience; the direct feedback was instrumental in determining development priorities.
Senior Manager of Service and Product Integration (Nov 2013– May 2015)
Designed the client experience strategy and pioneered a direct support organization following the launch of company’s flagship SaaS marketing analytics and lead conversion product, ReachEdge. The strategy was based on an extensive survey of 300 clients and feedback from our client community.
- Reduced the average response time to our client by three days through the use of Lean methods to simplify our communications process. Once complete, our average response time was four hours.
- Developed a customer community to gain insights and feedback from ReachLocal clients – and provide them with valuable training videos, guides, and a “quick chat” feature that further decreased our SLA
Program Manager, Global Services (Jan–Nov 2013)
Spearheaded a strategy that drove a 10% increase in SEM campaign performance for a Tokyo-based Japanese SEM team (four-month onsite product and service restructuring).
ReachCast Services Product Manager (Oct 2010–Dec 2012)
Led software development of a CRM and password management tool based on Microsoft’s Business Solutions Software (.Net) that contributed to rapid growth from five to 1400 social media marketing accounts and $20M net annual revenue.
Campaign Performance Manager (Aug 2009–Feb 2010)
Contributed to hiring and training of 50-member campaign management team in three months; improved nationwide campaign retention rate 21% over 9 months by increasing the number of leads for our clients’ SEM campaigns.
- Authored a Digital Marketing Best Practices Operations and Communications manual that facilitated translation of complex, technical SEM terms into lay language integral to customer satisfaction.
Customer Retention Manager (Oct 2008–Aug 2009)
Launched a client advocate team of four that generated $2M in topline revenue and reduced key client churn 5% by developing client feedback mechanisms and metrics to capture the voice of the customer.
Director of Products & Strategy/Support (May–Oct 2008)
Launched customer service organization for the first international venture in the UK. Participated in sales negotiations as an SEM SME and Executive Launch Team member. Created competitive analysis leading to the capture of 200 campaigns.
Support Analyst (May 2007–May 2008)
Created SOP manual that educated service and sales teams about search engine marketing logistics; led the expansion of a sales support team that identified campaign optimization strategies and remedied system glitches across multiple platforms.
Ascend Math, LLC
Marketing and Sales, Shreveport, LA (September 2005 – April 2007)
Developed marketing and PR for customers of this startup’s remedial mathematics education software.
Orange Documents, LLC
Co-Owner, Shreveport, LA (January 2002 – September 2005)
Supported undergraduate expenses by providing digital and traditional advertising to local businesses.
Corporate Teaching Experience & Instructional Design
Introduction to SalesForce (2011)
- A sixteen-hour course designed to instruct new hires on the SalesForce platform
- 40 students were required to attend the training, 90% received passing grades of 85% or above on the exam to measure completion of learning objectivesCommittee Member (2011 – 21012)
Basic Client Retention Methods (2009 – 2012)
- An eight-hour course designed to introduce principles of handling difficult client negotiations and retention methods
- Course included lecture with PowerPoint presentation, documentation, and collaborative problem solving
Introduction to Search Engine Marking for ReachLocal (2010 – 2012)
- A two-week course designed to introduce methods and methodology of search engine marketing, proprietary ReachLocal platforms and customer interaction
- The course is a mixture of lecture, hands-on experience, and simulations
- Has become primary training for all incoming Campaign Performance Consultants
Basic Business Communication (2009)
- An eight-hour course designed to cover the basics of written business communication, including email etiquette, basic grammar, and basic communication techniques
Teaching Assistant, Honors Research Methods (August – December 2012)
Teaching assistant and lecturer for two sections of Research Methods for the Honors College at George Mason University
The Establishment of Influencer Networks within Digital Journalism | the Cultural Studies Association Conference (Philadelphia, PA) (Upcoming) 2016
Mapping Groundwater Conflict: Using Digital Content Analysis to Identify Authoritative Voices within Environmental Communications in Texas | The Conference on Communication and Environment (Boulder, CO) 2015
The Everyday Life of Digital Ecology | Chesapeake American Studies Association Conference (Baltimore, MD) 2013
Constructing Data: An Examination of the Obama for America App | Critiquing Culture, the Cultural Studies Graduate Student Conference (Fairfax, VA) 2012
Tai Nelson, Lisa Daily, Gavin Mueller, and David Rheams. “Culture, Technology and Hyper-Industrial Capitalism.” Reviews in Cultural Theory 4, no. 1 (June 1, 2013). Link.
Committee Member (2011 – 21012)
Critiquing Culture, the Cultural Studies Graduate Student Conference at George Mason University
Director of Digital Outreach (2015 – present)
Skills and Qualifications
Rally | Jira | Smartsheets | Google Analytics | Tableau | Plot,ly | Import.io (Web scraping) | MySQL (intermediate) | HTML / CSS (tinkering) | PHP (tinkering) | Python (tinkering)